Saturday, November 19, 2011

Basic Emotional Math

Physicists are quite fond of expressing reality in mathematical equations. Some even believe reality is the mathematical construct itself. Maybe there are on to something. I am intrigued, or obsessed depending on your mental health slant with the mathematics of emotion. Though I am not smart enough for complex equations here is some basic math.

The force with which you fall in love = the force with which you fall out of love.
In other words the hours you spend starting into the timelessness of eyes equals the dismissive moment where you say "What you looking at bitch"

Anxiety divided by Reason= the present
(anxiety) "I will never amount to anything. I will never amount to even an incline let alone a hill, of beans. I am a single voice in a sea of drowned voices" divided by (reason) "substance is the illusion of the desperate void of attempting to be" equals (the present) "Oh hell I'm going to be late for my AA meeting."

Arrogance squared = humility to third power
(Arrogance) Fuck you and the clydesdale you rode in times (arrogance) "Mrs. Big Stuff Who Do you Think You Are" with your perfect architectural digest decor equals (humility)"I have nothing to give " times (humility) "I am an empty man" times (humility) "the only real enthusiasm in life I can muster is for my pets"

In the emotion of math it is inevitable you forget to carry your ten and you end up miserable. If only I would have remembered "to check my work" "I am only cheating myself" and insert any other cliche you can think of that gives one a nice neatly tied bow ending.

1 comment:

  1. Where do square roots fit into this mathematical emotional assessment?

    ReplyDelete